If you’re looking for a way to spruce up your home and make it feel more like a jungle, then indoor plants are the way to go. From ferns to fig trees, there are plenty of options available to suit any space. Not only do indoor plants add life and vibrancy to your home, but they also come with a host of benefits.
Indoor plants can help purify the air, increase humidity, and even boost your mood. So if you’re feeling in need of a little nature fix, read on for our guide to the best indoor plants for Melbourne.
The best indoor plants for Melbourne
Indoor plants have many benefits. They can improve air quality, provide a natural source of oxygen, and help to purify the air. Plants also help to reduce noise levels and can create a sense of calm in your home.
The best plants for indoor spaces.
There are many different types of plants that can thrive indoors. Some of the best plants for indoor spaces include:
– Aloe vera: This plant is perfect for purifying the air and helping to improve air quality. It is also easy to care for and does not require a lot of sunlight.
– Snake plant: This plant is great for filtering out toxins from the air and helping to purify your home. It is also low maintenance and can tolerate low light conditions.
– Spider plant: This plant is known for being one of the best air-purifying plants. It helps to remove toxins from the air and is also easy to care for.
How to turn your home into a jungle
If you’re looking for a way to add some life to your home, there’s no better way than by turning it into a jungle! Indoor plants not only look great, but they also have many benefits for your health and wellbeing.
A jungle in your home can help to purify the air, improve your mental health, and even boost your immune system. And with so many beautiful and interesting plants to choose from, creating your own indoor jungle is easier than you might think.
The best plants for creating a jungle in your home.
There are literally thousands of different plants that would be suitable for creating a jungle in your home. But if you’re just starting out, it’s best to choose plants that are easy to care for and don’t require too much maintenance. Here are some of our favourites:
– Snake Plants: These hardy plants are virtually indestructible and require very little care. They’re also great at filtering out toxins from the air, making them perfect for bedrooms or other small spaces.
– Philodendrons: There are hundreds of different varieties of philodendron, all of which make beautiful indoor plants. They’re easy to care for and thrive in both bright and low light conditions.
– Pothos: Another plant that is perfect for beginners, pothos are very easy to care for and can tolerate a wide range of light levels. They’re also great at filtering out toxins from the air, making them ideal for bedrooms or other small spaces.
How to care for your indoor plants
The best way to water your indoor plants is to give them a deep watering about once a week. During the hot summer months, you may need to water them more often. Be sure to check the soil before watering, and only water if the soil is dry. overwatering can be just as harmful as underwatering.
The best way to fertilize your plants.
Fertilizing your indoor plants is important for their health and growth. Use a balanced fertilizer that is specifically formulated for indoor plants. Apply the fertilizer according to the directions on the package, and be sure not to overfertilize, which can damage your plants.
The best way to prune your plants.
Pruning helps promote healthy growth in your indoor plants and keeps them looking their best. When pruning, remove any dead or dying leaves or stems, as well as any that are damaged or diseased. You can also trim back overgrown stems to encourage new growth.
If you want to turn your home into a jungle, indoor plants are the way to go. Not only do they improve the air quality in your home, but they also provide a host of other benefits. Plus, with the right care, indoor plants can last for years.
So what are the best indoor plants for Melbourne? Here are a few of our favourites:
1. The Snake Plant: This hardy plant is practically indestructible and perfect for beginner plant parents. It thrives in both low and bright light and doesn’t need much water to survive.
2. The Monstera Deliciosa: Also known as the Swiss Cheese Plant, this striking foliage plant is perfect for adding some drama to your jungle. It prefers bright, indirect light and needs to be watered when the top inch of soil is dry.
3. The Philodendron Cordatum: This vining plant is ideal for hanging baskets or trailing over shelves. It’s easy to care for and only needs watering when the soil is dry to the touch.
4. The Alocasia Polly: Also known as the Elephant Ear Plant, this striking foliage plant will add some serious wow factor to your jungle. It prefers bright, indirect light and needs regular watering to keep its large leaves looking their best.
5. The Ficus Elastica: This rubber tree is a classic choice for indoor plants and makes a great statement piece in any room.